Wednesday, September 30, 2015

BRANDON FLOWERS – The Desired Effect


Brandon Flowers – The Desired Effect (2015, Island Records)

Stuck in the 80’s since his debut in music, Brandon Flowers who’s also the lead singer of dream pop, alt rock, post-punk band The Killers, who released two of the best albums of the 2000’s Hot Fuss and Sam’s Town. While Flowers with his first solo album, Flamingo has digged more into his influences and use the easy hooks and 1980’s pop populate his album.

With The Desired Effect, this is the continuity of Flamingo and a nice piece to erase The KillersBattle Born from all our memories. It reminds us how much of a patchwork artist of the 1980’s he can be. Sure he loves his classics and he is a huge fan of Joy Division. But, who isn’t?


I’ve read many negative reviews about this record and I must admit that it is quite enjoyable and a nice new piece of music for his fans. But I doubt he will wider his fan base or diversify it. Finally, it is a hit more than a miss for me and I’m seeing myself listening to this album for many years.

7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...